We all have those days when we’d just rather pull the covers over our sleepy head and hide from the world. Been there, don’t think I’ve actually ever done it though.
But no more! I retired from aerospace in 2009. Now I can sleep in to 6:30, maybe even 7:00 – what a luxury that seems to me (most days).
Why so early you say?
I’m an artist – I have to work in the studio every single day or there will be no art and I could no longer call myself an artist (a term I still have trouble saying). But I have good reasons for getting up so early. Here are just the top five:
- To have coffee on the back porch with my adorable husband.
- To drink in the peace of living in the country.
- To feed our three fur babies and give them lots of love.
- To walk the 100 feet to my studio, stretch a little, sketch a little, and plan my day.
- To get my hands in the clay…to throw, trim, carve, and fire the art I so love to make.
Gratitude is wonderful thing
P.S. If you haven’t already, be sure to sign up for my Studio Insiders email list – there are some fun things coming soon just for you! Click the button below, with the assurance I will never share your information.