Make a statement!
A totem pole for your wall, this wall sculpture is made of stoneware shards mounted to a poplar “stick”. The shards are covered with black slip, then carved in the sgraffito technique. Fired to 2167 degrees F, then mounted to a poplar “stick”, with bumpers at the bottom to protect your wall.
Click here to read more about my totem sticks and the inspiration behind them.
- Beaver – Beaver totems represent Ambitious, Devoted, and Open-minded people.
- Broken Arrow – A broken arrow indicates friendship.
- Diamond pattern – The diamond or half-diamond pattern represents the Choctaw Nation of Oklahoma. It pays homage to the diamond back rattle snake and symbolizes our respect for nature. Rattlesnakes were important to the ancient Choctaw farmers because they ate small varmints that threatened the corn crops. When the diamond appears in a border, such as on Choctaw clothing, it is meant to represent a pathway.
- Frog – Often called the dreamer, the frog is generally associated with water, symbolizing cleansing and renewal.
- Spiral – The spiral is the most used symbol in the world. It is used by virtually every culture in some manner. For most North American tribes it symbolizes the life force, one’s personal path, or the creative spirit.
Ready to Hang
- Handcrafted by the artist, personally
- Supplies hand picked from the best US suppliers
- Card explaining totems included
- Exclusively featured here – you won’t find anywhere else
27 x 6 x 1″, stoneware, slips, mounted poplar
©Carolyn Bernard Young