Wolf & Bear - a duo
Inspired by my love of totem poles, this ceramic collage sculpture is made of stoneware shards created from nearly dry clay. The shards are covered with black slip, then carved in the sgraffito technique. The shards are fired to 2167 degrees F, then mounted to a poplar “stick”, with bumpers at the bottom to protect your wall.
- Wolf – Known as the teacher, the wolf totem also represents loyalty, courage, intuition, and incredible patience.
- Hand – The hand includes the creative spiral and is a declaration this piece is created by hand.
- Dancer – The dancer design is a self-portrait of me dancing for joy, celebrating and giving thanks for my own creative journey.
- Bear – Bear totems are common in Native American art. They are beloved for their strength, courage, and sense of balance.
In today’s world, the wolf and bear can be a powerful touchstone and a way to connect to your inner spirit.
Ready to hang
Ready to hang with a D hook on the back. Perfect for that slice of wall next to a door or window – or select more than one for a grouping with big impact.
- Handcrafted by the artist, personally
- Supplies hand picked from the best US suppliers
- Card explaining totems included
- Exclusively featured here – you won’t find anywhere else
27 x 6 x 1″, stoneware, slips, mounted on poplar
©Carolyn Bernard Young