This one is
Living Life Boldly
This is the largest one ever and will make a big impact in your home. A totem pole for your wall, this ceramic collage is made of stoneware shards mounted to a poplar “stick”. The shards are covered with black slip, then carved in the sgraffito technique. Fired to 2167 degrees F, then mounted to a poplar “stick”, with bumpers at the bottom to protect your wall.
So what do these totems mean?
- Cardinal – The cardinal is often thought to be the spirit of a lost loved one. It is a symbol of boldness, confidence, and creativity.
- Dancer – The dancer design is a self-portrait of me dancing for joy, celebrating and giving thanks for the gift of doing what I love.
- Feather – Feathers are often associated with warriors and chiefs, but they also represent prayer. Ancient Native Americans believed that prayers were carried to the Great Spirit on the wings of an eagle.
- Winged Serpent – This symbol has been found scratched into the surface of clay pottery unearthed in ancient Native American mounds. It is associated with eternal life and sometimes referred to as the guardian of life.
- Spiral – The spiral is the most used symbol in the world. It is used by virtually every culture in some manner. For most North American tribes it symbolizes the life force, one’s personal path, or the creative spirit.
- Medicine Man – This figure, often seen in cave drawings, may also be referred to as a Shaman. A Shaman speaks to the Great Spirit on behalf of the tribe, or a warrior going into battle. His visions helped guide the tribal leaders. In North American tribes it was the medicine man who called on the Great Spirit to heal his people.
- Dragonfly – The dragonfly brings peace and joy to your life, but also symbolizes adaptability and change.
Ready to hang
Ready to hang with a D hook on the back. Perfect for that slice of wall next to a door or window – this one is large enough to make a big impact on its own, but would be beautiful in a grouping as well.
- Handcrafted by the artist, personally
- Supplies hand picked from the best US suppliers
- Card explaining totems included
- Exclusively featured here – you won’t find anywhere else
51 x 7 x 1″, stoneware, slips, mounted on poplar
©Carolyn Bernard Young