is at home in every decor.
The Strength of Passion is Grace
A totem pole for your wall, this wall sculpture is made of stoneware shards mounted to a poplar “stick”. The shards are covered with black slip, then carved in the sgraffito technique. Fired to 2167 degrees F, then mounted to a poplar “stick”, with bumpers at the bottom to protect your wall.
So what do these totems and symbols mean?
- Butterfly – Butterfly totems bring grace to your life but can also indicate transformation and change.
- Horse – As a spirit animal, the horse represents power, service, and freedom. Hernando DeSoto brought Spanish mustangs to the New World in the 1500s, and the Choctaw Pony is a descendant of those magnificent creatures. The Choctaw people were dependent upon them for hunting parties and they carried many on the Trail of Tears to Oklahoma from our homeland in Mississippi.
- Spiral – The spiral is the most used symbol in the world. It is used by virtually every culture in some manner. For most North American tribes it symbolizes the life force, one’s personal path, or the creative spirit.
- Dragonfly – The dragonfly brings peace and joy to your life, but also symbolizes adaptability and change.
- Wolf – Known as the teacher, the wolf totem also represents loyalty, courage and intuition.
Ready to hang
Ready to hang with a D hook on the back. Perfect for that slice of wall next to a door or window – or select more than one for a grouping with big impact.
- Handcrafted by the artist, personally
- Supplies hand picked from the best US suppliers
- Card explaining totems included
- Exclusively featured here – you won’t find anywhere else
39 x 6 x 1″, stoneware, slips, poplar with D-hook for hanging
©Carolyn Bernard Young