We Will Survive
A totem pole for your wall, this ceramic collage is made of stoneware shards mounted to a poplar “stick”. The shards are covered with black slip, then carved in the sgraffito technique. Fired to 2167 degrees F, then mounted to a poplar “stick”, with bumpers at the bottom to protect your wall.
So what do these totems mean?
- Deer – Known for its gentleness, the deer also represents power and intuition.
- Lizard – The lizard is known for self-protection and internal power. Because they can regenerate body parts lost during battle, they symbolize letting go.
- Medicine Man – This figure, often seen in cave drawings, may also be referred to as a Shaman. A Shaman speaks to the Great Spirit on behalf of the tribe, or a warrior going into battle. His visions helped guide the tribal leaders. In North American tribes it was the medicine man who called on the Great Spirit to heal his people.
Ready to hang
Ready to hang with a D hook on the back. Perfect for that slice of wall next to a door or window – this one is large enough to make a big impact on its own, but would be beautiful in a grouping as well.
- Handcrafted by the artist, personally
- Supplies hand picked from the best US suppliers
- Card explaining totems included
- Exclusively featured here – you won’t find anywhere else
32 x 7 x 1″, stoneware, slips, mounted on poplar
©Carolyn Bernard Young